Solutions for Shopify: Import Products Quickly
Congratulations! You just set up your very own Shopify account. Now you’re wondering how to list products in your store.
You could go through and painstakingly type in each and every product description, upload the pictures, and so on. This would cost you a lot of time which you could use to perform other business tasks.
There is a much easier way to set up your online store.
Using this step-by-step guide, you will learn how to easily let Shopify import products automatically into your online store using a CSV file.
How to Import a CSV file into Shopify
First, you are going to want to log into your Shopify store account so you can begin importing product data.
Second, make sure that you are logged into your membership account at GreenDropShip.com
- Sign in to your GreenDropShip member account
- Under the “Member Resource Area”, click the Shopify logo to download the preformatted Shopify CSV file.
- On the right-hand side of your screen, select the “Products” tab
- Once you are there, select the “Import” tab located directly under the “Products” heading
- A window will pop up asking you where from your computer you want to import from
- Locate the CSV file you are going to use for your Shopify store
- When you have selected the correct file, click “Upload File”
- A new window will now pop up which will allow you to preview one of the products you are uploading
That’s really all there is to it! It is a simple procedure that will make your life a lot easier in the long run.
Using CSV files to import products into your Shopify store will save you a lot of time. This means that you can spend more time on optimizing your business.
What is a CSV File?
CSV is an abbreviation for Comma-Separated Values.
At its core, it’s basically a glorified spreadsheet. The primary difference is that each value is separated by a comma. This is useful because the comma tells the computer where the beginning and end of each value is in the spreadsheet.
Coma-Separated Value documents are quite useful to e-commerce store owners. This file type allows store owners to easily import and export information like product details, customer information, and order information easily.
Information such as product SKUs and Order Tracking Numbers are important information that is plentiful and important. Ensuring that this information is easy to upload is important for a successful dropshipping company.
Why this is useful is because instead of manually entering each data value individually, you can import one document. This can minimize data entry errors and save you time doing it.
Create Your Own CSV Files for Shopify
If you wish to customize a CSV file or create your own, the process is very easy. These files can be created using standard spreadsheet applications like Microsoft Excel, Open Office Calc, and Google Spreadsheets.
You can even create your own CSV files if you want to import your customer information from Microsoft Excel to your Shopify store.
When you are in Excel, all you have to do is:
- Go to the top right-hand corner and select “File”
- From the dropdown list, choose “Save As”
- When the new window pops up, go to where you see the “Save As Type” dropdown list
- Scroll down until you see “CSV (comma delimited)(*.csv)”
- When the new message window pops up, select “OK”