Business Opportunities: Wholesale Lip Balm
Wholesale Lip Balm
In this article, we will be learning all about lip balms, about their popularity, and about selling them. Lip care products provide nourishment to the lips and protect them from exposure to sun, dust, and wind. These products are mainly composed of beeswax, carnauba wax, camphor, cetyl alcohol, lanolin, paraffin, petrolatum, and various other ingredients. Some varieties of lip care products also contain dyes, flavors, fragrances, phenol, salicylic acid, and sunscreens. These products are available in a variety of packaging options such as small sticks, pots, jars, and tins. The demand for lip care products in the female segment has become more popular in the past few years.
Lip cosmetics are used by the vast majority of women, with nearly nine out of ten reporting usage. Lip balm has the highest overall penetration, with 60% of women using it, followed by lipstick at 58%. The age group 18-24 uses more lip balm than lipstick. The prolonged, unprotected exposure of lips to the sun can result in wrinkling and premature aging. This has led to an increase in the demand for sun protection lip care products among the consumers. The market has been split into three segments known as non-medicated lip care products, medicated, and therapeutic lip care products. Amongst these, non-medicated lip care products represent the most popular product type.
A genuine smile can light up the room. That’s why it’s essential to take care of your lips with a great lip care routine. Smiling and positivity can have a huge effect on your health and well-being. Research has shown that when you laugh, a number of changes happen in your body that benefit your physical health.
Are Lip Balms Good Products to Sell in My New Online Retail Business?
Yes! If you are thinking of starting an online retail business or you are already running one and are looking to expand the range of products in your online store, then lip balm checks all the boxes:
- It’s a high growth market segment which is always good for start-ups since there are plenty of customer dollars out there.
- There are lots of niches within the lip balm market in terms of customer demographic, uses, product types, and styles. Niches are good for small startups since they are less likely to find themselves competing against larger retailers.
- Lip balm products are small in size and used relatively quickly meaning people tends to repurchase them frequently. This makes it easier for the start-up to ramp up sales quickly and maintain and even build sales over time.
- Lip balm is one product within the larger segment of lip care products meaning there are other products that customers might like. These could include lip moisturizers, lip repair therapy treatments, creams, and lip scrubs. Selling a product that has complementary products is an efficient way of growing sales for a small online retailer. The products are literally selling themselves.
- Lip care products in general are perfect if you’re thinking of using a dropship strategy for your online business. Dropshipping is when an online retailer sells products on its website but a wholesaler arranges for shipment of the product. In the dropship model the online retailer does not need to make any upfront investment in inventory. This means the online retailer can focus her time on the marketing strategy for her business.
Here are a few lip balms you can sell on your website. These wholesale products are available on our website:
[ngg src=”galleries” ids=”18″ display=”basic_thumbnail”]
If you would like to learn more about dropshipping beauty products then contact us here at Green Drop Ship. We would be happy to answer any questions you have about starting a dropship retail business. In no time at all you could be running your own successful dropship business with no risk or upfront investment!