We’ve all been taught about the dangers of germs. As a result, every major public health organization stresses the importance of hand hygiene. It is just like your parents or family used to say when you were a kid: “Wash your hands!” Frankly, this is good advice that should be followed your whole life. Consequently, wholesale hand sanitizer, also known as antibacterial gel, is an excellent addition to your dropshipping store. This is a product that can literally save lives and consumers are increasingly becoming aware of its tremendous benefits.
Furthermore, hand sanitizer is not the type of product that is used once or twice and then set aside. Health-conscious consumers will use it on a regular basis in order to maintain their health and fight off illness. Consequently, carrying wholesale mini hand sanitizers is a viable option in your inventory. This can help turn one-time visitors into regular customers as they regularly stock up.
When Should I Use Hand Sanitizers?
Germs and microbes are microscopic terrors that can cause illness and actually cost our economy a great deal of money. This is due to decreased productivity and the increased costs associated with treating infectious diseases caused by germs. Additionally, the Clean Hands Count awareness campaign, developed and overseen by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (also known as the CDC), makes it crystal clear that washing hands saves lives. Using hand sanitizers is a highly effective and efficient way to ensure clean hands because they kill most microbes, including bacteria, fungi, protozoa, and viruses.
In fact, the CDC recommends that you clean your hands:
- While cooking any food or before having a meal.
- Before and after taking care of someone who is ill.
- Before and after treating a wound or cut.
- After going to the bathroom.
- After you change diapers or clean a child.
- When you cough, sneeze, and/or blow your nose.
- After you have touched an animal or handled animal waste.
- After you have handled treats and/or food for your pet.
- When handling or touching any kind of waste and/or garbage.
In general, it is best to clean your hands frequently. This includes using any kind of hand sanitizer product, including gels, wipes, or sprays.
What Are The Benefits of Hand Sanitizers?
Antibacterial gel has certain benefits when compared to the traditional act of hand-washing with water and soap. According to the Minnesota Department of Health, these benefits include:
- Takes less time than water and soap.
- Kills germs thoroughly and efficiently.
- Portable and easy to use.
- Does not promote antimicrobial resistance.
- Less irritating for your skin than water and soap.
As you can see, using hand sanitizer is an excellent solution for maintaining hand hygiene to improve cleanliness and kill germs. In fact, it is useful to think of germs as constant enemies that we must always be fighting off. They are everywhere and they are always trying to invade your body via your:
If you are touching any of those parts of your body, be sure your hands are clean! This should be a constant concern as so many different surfaces are filled with germs. Consequently, the portability of antibacterial gel is one of its strongest qualities. Therefore, having travel size hand sanitizer bulk products in your dropshipping store is an excellent option for your customers. No one wants to get sick, least of all when they are traveling! Be sure to keep your customers healthy and happy by offering this fantastic product.
What Is The Market for Hand Sanitizer?
Hygiene is incredibly important. This fact is becoming more widely known among consumers in this day and age. By adhering to hygienic standards, and keeping hands clean and germ-free, your customers may ensure better health and less illness.
The growing emphasis on good hygiene is creating an expanding market for these types of products. This is driven by consumers becoming more knowledgeable and by public health organizations educating the general public. In fact, the WHO has declared May 5th to be World Hygiene Day in order to increase awareness.
By carrying hand sanitizers in bulk, you are meeting a growing demand for a valuable product. In fact, Allied Market Research published a report that stated:
- The global value of the hand sanitizer market was $919 million in 2016.
- This market value was projected to reach over $1.7 billion by 2023.
- The compound annual growth rate (CAGR) was calculated to be 9.9% from 2017 to 2023.
- North America had the largest market share at 35%.
These numbers are remarkable; it shows just how well-informed the general public is becoming about hygiene and the importance of cleanliness. Remember that before the invention of hand hygiene products, diseases were extremely common. They would spread like wildfire, particularly in urban areas with dense populations.
How Do I Use Hand Sanitizers?
According to the World Health Organization’s Guidelines on Hand Hygiene, using hand sanitizer is crucial if warm water and soap are not available. In order for it to be effective, it must be at least 60% alcohol and used as follows:
- Cup the palm of one of your hands and apply the sanitizer (check the product label to determine the exact amount).
- Take both hands and touch palm-to-palm in order to vigorously rub them together to create friction and spread the hand sanitizer.
- Be sure to spread the product all over the skin on your fingers and hands, including the back parts, until your hands are dry.
When using soap and warm water, the WHO recommends that you wash your hands for at least 60 seconds. With hand sanitizer, however, you simply rub together until the alcohol evaporates. However, for maximum efficacy, it is best to rub the hand sanitizer on your hands for 15 to 30 seconds.
Furthermore, the most effective types of microbe-killing alcohols are isopropanol, ethanol, or n-propanol. However, some alcohol-free hand sanitizers can also be effective if used frequently and applied properly.
“The Dirty Dozen” – 12 Everyday Places That Are Filled With Germs
Germs are everywhere! In fact, according to clinician and writer Rod Moser, PA, PhD, these are the 12 most germ-infested places:
- Public restrooms – Especially surfaces like the toilet seat, door handles, and sinks.
- Restaurants – You should disinfect your hands any time you eat or handle food.
- Office/workplace – Desks, phones, and computer keyboards are absolutely full of germs.
- Airplanes – Be sure to have travel size bulk hand sanitizer for your online store so your customers can always have it on hand.
- Hotels and motels – Despite the fact that they are cleaned daily, these rooms still have germs covering the door knobs, remote controls, drawer handles, and bathroom surfaces.
- Swimming pools – Always be careful of pool water entering your nose, eyes, or mouth and be sure to disinfect your hands after you get out.
- Movie theaters – It is best to always carry mini hand sanitizer products to defend yourself from infections in public places.
- Day care centers – Because children have not learned proper hygiene yet, they frequently carry a number of germs.
- Schools – Teaching your child to use portable antibacterial gel products can help stop the spread of sickness at home and at school.
- House – Bathrooms and kitchens are full of germs, even in clean houses.
- Doctor’s office – Because of the high concentration of sick people, microbes are everywhere in clinics and medical practices.
- Hospitals – Your customers should carry their own mini hand sanitizers to stay safe.
Offering wholesale mini hand sanitizer in your online store will help your customers fight off the microbes they will encounter in these places.
Furthermore, hand sanitizers are a product that requires constant use. This increases the likelihood of your customers returning regularly to stock up on their supplies.
Does Hand Sanitizer Work?
The short answer is definitely, “Yes!”
Let’s first consider the contamination levels of common surfaces. According to a 2015 study overseen by renowned microbiologist Charles P. Gerba and The Healthy Workplace Project, office surfaces had extremely high levels of contamination:
- 75% of sink handles in break rooms.
- 48% of the door handles on microwaves.
- 27% of computer keyboards.
- 26% of door handles on refrigerators.
- 23% of handles on water fountains.
- 21% of vending machine buttons.
Furthermore, public surfaces also had extremely high levels of contamination, including:
- 71% of handles on gas pumps.
- 68% of handles on mailboxes.
- 43% of escalator rails.
- 40% of parking meters.
- 35% of buttons on crosswalks.
- 35% of buttons on vending machines.
These figures are alarming; they should be! Remember, keeping ourselves safe from germs is a constant battle. As you can see, they are prevalent everywhere.
However, research suggests that hand sanitizers can be extremely useful in killing the microbes that are found on our hands. For example, a study from 2007 in the American Journal of Infection Control concluded that infectious diseases (ID) in both the home and community environments are decreased when hand sanitizer is used properly.
Furthermore, another study from 2016 indicated that both alcohol-based and alcohol-free hand sanitizers were effective in killing certain microbes, especially E. coli. The study concluded that proper use of antibacterial gel reduced rates of infection between 92 and 93.7%.
Finally, a landmark study from 2006 stated that hand sanitizer products work in a variety of contexts, including both at home and at work. The study also indicated that the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) recommends using hand sanitizers with 60% to 95% alcohol to kill nearly all microbes.
Bulk Hand Sanitizer for Your Online Store
Greendropship offers a wide variety of hand sanitizer products to keep your customers happy and healthy. They include:
All three of these forms are equally effective and depend on the particular needs of the consumer. By offering an extensive selection, we know that there is a product for every health-conscious customer you have visiting your online store.
Furthermore, in addition to being portable and efficient, our hand sanitizer products are natural and organic. Some of our products use GMO-free alcohol as well as essential oils like coconut, lemon, lavender, and peppermint to nourish and protect the skin while killing microbes. This gives them a soothing quality and a pleasant smell while not sacrificing any of their effectiveness. Other alcohol-based hand sanitizer products can smell harsh and dry your hands out.
As a member of Greendropship, you will also have access to over 20,000 other products with which to stock your dropshipping operation. Visit our website today and see the products we can offer for your online store.