Popular Wholesale Chocolate Products to Sell
As a wise woman once said: Chocolate is happiness that you can eat. For many people, chocolate is simply irresistible. It can actually change your brain chemistry and give a sensation of “happiness”. It has a long and storied history and was even revered by the Mayan and Aztec civilizations as the original superfood. In fact, their original harvesting and processing methods have been followed by companies that now specialize in natural, organic, or fair-trade chocolate. Taking each bite is like biting into centuries of tradition and culture. That being said, you can tap into this collective demand for the intense and invigorating flavors of gourmet chocolate by adding these products to your online store. So let’s take a look at the most popular wholesale chocolate products to dropship!
Chocolate Consumption Keeps Growing
Why is wholesale chocolate a good choice for your online store? Because this product consistently sells, especially online. We can see this phenomenon clearly by using Google Trends – this free tool tracks search interest in a keyword or key phrase over a given period of time.
Let’s take a look at the Google Trends data for buy chocolate over the past decade:
As you can see, there’s a clear pattern happening: every year the search interest in buying chocolate peaks right around the holidays – it begins to increase in October (Halloween), continues through November (Thanksgiving), and reaches its maximum in December (Christmas). It then dips in January – presumably because people make New Year’s Resolutions to cut out sugar and lose weight. Then, in February, it increases again, likely due to Valentine’s Day. It then decreases through the summer and repeats again, year after year.
What’s remarkable about this data is just how consistent it is. As it appears, it’s a safe bet that getting wholesale chocolate to sell in your online store will be profitable.
Finally, according to a GrandView Research study from 2020, the global chocolate market size was valued at USD 130.56 billion in 2019 and is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.6% from 2020 to 2027. Additionally, rising awareness regarding dark chocolate as a healthier confectionery product that’s full of antioxidants, is expected to promote the market growth over the next few years.
What’s The Best Way to Sell Chocolate Online?
Let’s assume that you’ve decided to start an online store. This is a great way to work from home or remotely. Plus, depending on how big you make the store, dropshipping can be a full-time job or a side income. If you’re looking for wholesale chocolate to sell online, it’s important to point out that you have multiple options in how you sell the chocolate. Let’s take a moment to go over them now so you can see which e-commerce model will work best for you.
Dropshipping Wholesale Chocolate
First and foremost, you could use dropshipping. This is an especially easy and convenient online retail model and you could start dropshipping with very little money. With this business model, the online retailer does not handle the inventory. Instead, your dropshipping supplier is responsible for that, including the storage, packing, and shipping of said inventory.
As a result, dropshipping has some definite benefits, including the fact that it is the least expensive e-commerce retail model. Additionally, it’s very low risk – for instance, you’ll never end up with a surplus of unsold inventory. You can also use an e-commerce platform like Shopify, WooCommerce, or Amazon/eBay.
We can break the process down into these simple steps:
- Sign up for a membership with a dropshipping supplier like GreenDropShip.
- Import products into your store via a dropshipping platform
- The consumer makes a purchase from your store.
- You order the products from your dropshipping supplier.
- The dropshipping supplier pulls, packs, and ships the items to the consumer.
Finally, let’s just take a quick look at the formula for making a profit with dropshipping:
(Wholesale Price + Fees) – Retail Price = Profit
Looking at this formula closely, you buy the inventory from your dropshipping supplier at the wholesale price. Then you sell it to the online shopper at the retail price. Finally, the fees include your miscellaneous costs, including supplier membership, shipping fees, and various fees.
Buying Wholesale Chocolate In Bulk
You can also buy wholesale chocolate in bulk from a wholesaler. This may work for some retailers, but it’s important to note that you’ll have to handle the inventory. In other words, you’ll need to store, pack, and ship the items to the consumer. As a result, you’ll need to make sure that you’ve secured the resources and storage space to do that effectively and efficiently.
For example, if your online store is fairly small, you could hypothetically store the inventory in your house or garage. However, if your store is doing a large volume of sales, then you’ll probably have to rent warehouse space.
That being said, let’s consider some other important aspects of this business model:
- If you’re planning on storing wholesale chocolate, then you’ll have to control the temperature in the storage space. Trust us when we say that the last thing customers want is melted chocolate!
- Wholesale chocolate is also perishable, meaning that there may be local laws that you have to follow.
- Chocolate products are food products, so you’ll have to follow the expiration or best by dates set by the manufacturer.
- You’ll need a system of tracking your inventory – for example, there’s a storage method known as first in first out (FIFO) where the first products stored must be the first products sold.
It’s important to note that with dropshipping, you don’t have to deal with any of these hassles. For online entrepreneurs who are just starting or who don’t have the necessary staff or space, this is likely the best e-commerce model.
Sell Chocolate Online With GreenDropShip
So you’ve decided to sell online and are now looking for the best wholesale chocolate supplier available. Luckily for you, GreenDropShip is a premium wholesaler and dropshipping supplier that specializes in natural, organic, and fair-trade certified products, including wholesale chocolate. We have over 20,000 premium and gourmet goods, including hundreds of chocolate products.
Our selection of wholesale chocolate includes popular brands like:
- Taza Chocolate
- Ritter Sport
- Divine Chocolate
- Lily’s Sweets
- Divine Chocolate
- Green & Black’s
- Endangered Species
- Scharffen Berger
These are some of the most widely recognized gourmet chocolate brands that are natural, organic, and/or fair-trade certified. We also offer our members a huge selection of other natural and organic goods.
GreenDropShip functions as both a wholesaler and a dropshipping supplier. What does this mean exactly? Since we offer our members both e-commerce models, you could try a new product with the zero-risk method of dropshipping. If it sells well, then you could order it in bulk from us. We give you options to run your online store in a way that fits your needs.
Finally, with our convenient and easy-to-use product feed, it’s really easy to dropship on Amazon or to dropship on Shopify. GreenDropShip makes the whole process painless and convenient so you can focus on marketing to your customers.
Why Sell Natural, Organic, and Fair-Trade Chocolate?
- These types of products appeal to consumers who are becoming more health-conscious.
- Organic foods are manufactured without the use of genetically modified organisms (GMOs).
- Natural and organic brands pay market value rates to farmers in less prosperous countries.
- Fair-Trade Certified chocolate follows a process that is specially designed to pay cocoa farmers and their families sustainable incomes.
- Organic farming prohibits the use of pesticides. growth hormones or antibiotics.
- Farming cocoa beans organically is more environmentally friendly.
- Fair-Trade Certified means that farmers were paid fairly and child labor wasn’t used (especially in West Africa).
Consumers are willing to pay a premium price for natural, organic, or fair-trade products in order to buy goods that are more socially responsible. In fact, according to a study by Hexa Research, the organic food market was $43.7 billion in 2017. Additionally, it is estimated to grow to $70.4 billion by the year 2025. As a result, online resellers are turning to organic and fair-trade wholesale chocolate suppliers like GreenDropShip to meet this growing demand.
Top Wholesale Chocolate Products to Sell Online
Let’s look at the best wholesale chocolate products that GreenDropShip offers its members. Before we do that, however, let’s consider the fact that many of these products are Amazon’s Choice. This is an award that Amazon gives to items that have exceptionally high reviews, ratings, and customer satisfaction. Amazon’s Choice products are generally well-priced too. As a result, this can be a helpful tool for online retailers when they’re trying to find the best products to include in their online store.
1) Endangered Species: Natural Dark Chocolate
Endangered Species is a newer company that specializes in delicious, rich, and gourmet chocolate that’s sustainably produced and environmentally friendly. Each product is always fair-trade certified and non-GMO project verified. Plus, Endangered Species has a 10% giveback, meaning that 10% of their net profits are donated annually to current GiveBack Partners. As a result, over $1.4 million has been generated in the past three years alone.
GreenDropShip offers the following flavors: 88% Cocoa (pictured), Caramel & Sea Salt, Cranberries & Almonds, Sea Salt & Almonds, Forest Mint, Hazelnut Toffee, Raspberries, Espresso Beans, Cacao Nibs, Vibrant Cherries, Natural Milk Chocolate, Cinnamon Cayenne & Cherries, and Blackberry Sage. Additionally, GreenDropShip also offers Endangered Species Chocolate Bites in flavors like Caramel & Sea Salt, Sea Salt & Almond, and 88% Cocoa.
Let’s take a closer look at some product details:
- Fair-trade Certified and Non-GMO Certified
- Gluten-Free, Kosher, and Vegan
- Each bar sold supports conservation efforts
- Made in the USA
- According to SEMRush, there are over 11,000 monthly Google searches for “Endangered Species Chocolate”
- With over 1,000 reviews and an average rating of 4.5 stars, it’s a bestseller on Amazon
- Certified Amazon’s Choice
- GreenDropShip Wholesale Price: $2.20 per 3 oz bar or $3.56 for a 4.7 oz bag of chocolate bites
- Average Retail Price: $4.99 per 3 oz bar or $5.99 for a 4.7 oz bag of chocolate bites
2) Green & Black’s Organic Chocolate
Green & Black’s is a widely known organic chocolate brand based on a few golden rules: sustainable production, ethical cocoa sourcing, and an unshakeable conviction that great taste comes only from the finest of ingredients. It’s right there in the name: Green symbolizes the brand’s commitment to being environmentally friendly and Black means intense chocolate of the highest quality. Each bar is made with rich, decadent cacao while still being balanced with just enough sugar to separate the acidity and bitterness. This brings out the savory notes in the cacao and the organic vanilla adds even more taste intensity to season the chocolate just right.
GreenDropShip offers the following flavors of Green & Black’s organic chocolate: Milk Chocolate (pictured), White Chocolate, Milk Chocolate Almond, 70% Cacao, 85% Cacao, Hazelnut & Currant, and Maya Gold.
Let’s take a closer look at this product:
- Fair-Trade Certified and USDA-Certified Organic
- Non-GMO Project Certified and Vegetarian
- 100% natural with no artificial additives
- According to SEMRush, “Green & Black’s Chocolate” has over 3,000 monthly Google searches
- Average rating of 4.7 stars on Amazon
- GreenDropShip Wholesale Price: $2.96 per 3.5 oz bar
- Average Retail Price: $4.99 per 3.5 oz bar
3) Taza Mexican-Style Stone Ground Chocolate
We mentioned above that chocolate has a long history in Central America, especially with the Mayan and Aztec civilizations. Taza Mexican-Style Chocolate taps into this rich heritage to offer a gourmet and organic chocolate that’s based on ancient harvesting and production methods. Taza uses hand-carved granite millstones to stone ground the cacao beans, honoring the ancestors who first made chocolate into the beloved confection that we have today. Additionally, each Taza product is Direct Trade Certified. This is similar to Fair-Trade Certification, except that it emphasizes higher quality cacao beans that result in an incredible final product.
GreenDropShip offers the following varieties: 85% Dark (pictured), Coffee, Toffee Almond & Sea Salt, Wicked Dark (95% Cacao), Dark Bark (80% Cacao), Raspberry Crunch, and Coconut Dark Chocolate.
Let’s take a look at some product details:
- 100% Organic, Non-GMO, and Direct Trade Certified
- Minimally processed, resulting in a bolder and richer taste
- Vegan, Soy-Free, and Gluten-Free
- According to SEMRush, “Taza Chocolate” has over 16,000 monthly Google searches
- Over 800 reviews and an average rating of 4.6 stars on Amazon
- Certified Amazon’s Choice
- GreenDropShip Wholesale Price: $3.14 per 2.7 oz disc or $2.88 per 2.5 oz bar
- Average Retail Price: $4.99 per 2.7 oz disc and 2.5 oz bar
4) Lily’s Chocolate with Stevia
Dark chocolate has lots of health benefits, but sometimes it’s too bitter for some people. That’s where Lily’s Chocolate products come in – they’re sweetened with the all-natural, plant-derived Stevia. This sweetener doesn’t add any calories, so each bar of Lily’s has zero sugar added! That means you can enjoy all the health benefits of dark chocolate while still indulging in your sweet tooth. It’s a chocolate product that’s guilt-free and not loaded with sugary calories.
GreenDropShip offers the following flavors: 55% Cocoa (pictured), Crispy Rice, Coconut, Almond, Caramelized and Salted Milk Bar, Creamy Milk Bar (40% Cocoa), Salted Almond & Milk, Extra Dark (70% Cocoa), Extra Dark with Sea Salt, Extra Dark with Blood Orange, and Salted Almond.
Let’s take a closer look at this product:
- Fair-Trade Certified and Gluten-Free
- Always sweetened with Stevia and not regular sugar
- 25% fewer calories than other chocolate bars
- According to SEMRush data, “Lily’s Chocolate” has nearly 85,000 monthly Google searches
- Nearly 1,000 reviews and an average rating of 4.6 stars on Amazon
- GreenDropShip Wholesale Price: $2.87 per 3 oz bar
- Average Retail Price: $3.99 per 3 oz bar
5) Lindt Chocolate
Lindt is one of the most known and beloved brands of gourmet chocolate. Drawing from a heritage of over 165 years, the Lindt tradition is overseen by their Master Chocolatiers. They’re wholly committed to their craft, selecting only the finest ingredients and roasting the cocoa beans to rich perfection. Every single piece of chocolate is infused with passion, pride, and heritage. This is why Lindt is the brand that everyone knows today.
GreenDropShip offers the following flavors: Classic Recipe Milk Chocolate (pictured), 78% Cocoa Bar, Milk Chocolate Truffle, Hazelnut Chocolate Truffle, White Chocolate Truffle, Dark Chocolate Truffles, Extra Creamy Milk Chocolate, and 85% Cocoa Bar.
Let’s take a look at some product details:
- Created in 1845
- Manufactured in the USA
- Produced responsibly according to the Lindt Sustainability program
- Nearly 13,000 reviews on Amazon with an average rating of 4.7 stars
- Certified Amazon Bestseller
- Certified Amazon’s Choice
- GreenDropShip Wholesale Price: $2.33 per 3.5 oz bar, $3.74 per 5.1 oz bag of truffles, $5.80 per 8.5 oz bag of truffles, or $33.60 per 120 pc box of truffles
- Average Retail Price: $3.99 per 3.5 oz bar, $5.99 per 5.1 oz bag of truffles, $7.99 per 8.5 oz bag of truffles, or $39.99 per 120 pc box of truffles
All of these amazing wholesale chocolate products and more are available to GreenDropShip members. In fact, we offer more than 100 wholesale chocolate products and we carry over 20,000 other natural and organic products, including natural, organic, and fair-trade certified wholesale chocolate. Most of our products are proudly made in the USA. If you’d like to offer these premium brands, you can easily download our product feed and add these goods to your e-commerce store. Don’t forget that we’re both a dropshipping supplier and a bulk wholesaler and our members can get free Amazon FBA prep services.
Join GreenDropShip today and start selling!