Silky & Smooth: Best Wholesale Shea Body Butter Products To Sell Online
But first, skincare. – Unknown
Loving and caring for your skin is so important. You’ve probably heard people talk about “being comfortable in one’s own skin”? Well, what better way to reach that point than to invest in some effective skincare.
Luckily, shea butter is one of the most effective and efficient skincare ingredients available on the market today. Plus, it’s not only plant-based, but it won’t break the bank!
So, if you’re an eCommerce entrepreneur, then finding wholesale shea butter as well as wholesale shea butter beauty products is a great idea for your store! This is especially true if you’re selling skincare and beauty goods.
In this post, we’ll go over everything you need to know. We’ll start with a brief description of shea butter and then list all the best wholesale shea butter products you can find at GreenDropShip.
Additionally, we’ll give you all the necessary information on finding wholesale shea butter suppliers, the best wholesale shea butter brands to sell, and finally what retail model you should use.
So let’s get started!
- What Is Shea Butter & Body Butter?
- Top Wholesale Shea Body Butter Products For GreenDropShip Members
- Everything You Need To Know About Finding An Organic Shea Butter Wholesaler
- What Kind Of Shea Body Butter Brands Should I Sell?
- How Do I Buy Wholesale Shea Butter In Bulk To Sell Online?
- Why Is Dropshipping The Best Way To Sell Shea Body Butter?
- How Do I Set Up My Shea Butter eCommerce Store?
- Find All The Best Wholesale Shea Butter Products At GreenDropShip!
What Is Shea Butter & Body Butter?
Loving your skin isn’t vanity, it’s sanity. – Andre Gide
Shea butter is a fat that’s extracted from the nuts of the African shea tree (also known as the shi tree or vitellaria). Due to its amazing hydrating properties, it’s been used as a cosmetic and self-care substance for centuries, maybe even millennia.
It’s jam-packed with vitamins and fatty acids, making it one of the most widely known and prized plant-based ingredients to add to skincare products.
Plus, it hydrates the skin without making it oily. That’s precisely why it’s so prized! It also has anti-inflammatory properties.
Additionally, shea butter can be used for both skin and hair. In both cases, it provides deep hydration and nourishment to skin and hair cells, all while stimulating active cellular regeneration.
Shea butter is a very common ingredient in contemporary skincare products, especially those that are largely natural or organic. As a result, there’s tremendous demand from consumers for these types of products.
That being said, for the purposes of this blog post, shea butter and shea body butter mean essentially the same thing – these terms will be used interchangeably!
If you’re looking for wholesale shea butter beauty products, then GreenDropShip is perfect for you! We’re both a dropshipping supplier and wholesaler, meaning we offer both dropshipping services and the ability to buy in bulk.
Furthermore, we’re USA-based and offer thousands of natural and organic products, including all kinds of wholesale shea butter products. We also have groceries, home goods, baby products, haircare, skincare, essential oils, and vitamins and supplements.
Finally, we also have a Shopify dropshipping app that can help you be more efficient and profitable. You can easily automate your dropshipping store and add any of our premium, specialty, or gourmet products with just a single click!
Top Wholesale Shea Body Butter Products For GreenDropShip Members
Sleep, drink water, and treat your skin. – Georgia Louise
Now let’s take a look at some of the best wholesale shea butter products that you can find at GreenDropShip.
Some of these are just plain shea butter, usually as a moisturizing lotion. However, there are quite a few of these that are shea butter products, meaning that they’re beauty products (for hair or skin) that have shea butter as one of their active ingredients.
Either way, GreenDropShip only carries natural and organic goods, so you’ll know that the wholesale shea butter products we offer are of the highest quality and in particularly high demand.
If you join GreenDropShip and become a member, then you’ll get access to these shea butter items (as well as thousands of other natural and organic goods).
Alaffia Everyday Shea Body Lotion
Available from GreenDropShip: Unscented (pictured above), Vanilla, Coconut Lime, and Lavender
- Natural skincare methods that are based on ancient African tradition
- Cruelty-free & no sulfates, parabens, phthalates, mineral oil, or synthetics
- Handcrafted with Fair-Trade shea butter, calming lemongrass & shea leaf
- GreenDropShip Wholesale Price: $8.58 per bottle
- Average Retail Price: $12.99 per bottle
Alaffia Whipped Shea Body Butter + Coconut Oil
Available from GreenDropShip: Unscented (pictured above) & Wild Lavender.
- Totally natural – no artificial or synthetic additives
- Based on ancient African healing & pharmacology
- Sustainably grown & produced in West Africa
- Made with Fair Trade shea butter + ethically sourced coconut oil
- GreenDropShip Wholesale Price: $9.08 per container
- Average Retail Price: $12.99 per container
Andalou Naturals Lavender Shea Body Butter
- Blends skin-firming CoQ10 with shea & cupuacu butters
- Evening primrose, lavender, fruit stem cells & antioxidants
- Cruelty-free, gluten-free & vegetarian
- Effectively nourishes & stimulates healthy cell renewal
- GreenDropShip Wholesale Price: $8.11 per bottle
- Average Retail Price: $12.99 per bottle
Derma E Hydrating Shea Body Lotion
Available from GreenDropShip: Jasmine & Vanilla (pictured above) or Lemongrass & Thyme.
- Helps to hydrate skin while guarding against harsh conditions
- Enriched with natural shea butter to replenish skin’s natural moisture
- Made with shea butter, vitamin E, jasmine flower, vanilla fruit & olive fruit
- 100% vegan + cruelty-free, paraben-free, gluten-free, GMO-free
- GreenDropShip Wholesale Price: $5.34 per bottle
- Average Retail Price: $9.99 per bottle
Derma E Shea Butter Hand & Cuticle Cream
- 100% vegan & plant-based
- Cruelty-free, Gluten-free & GMO-free
- No Parabens & all-natural
- GreenDropShip Wholesale Price: $4.56 per bottle
- Average Retail Price: $8.99 per bottle
Shea Moisture Baby Healing Lotion + Raw Shea
- Made with raw shea, chamomile, argan oil, frankincense & myrrh
- Calms & comforts for all skin types
- No animal testing, parabens, sulfates, mineral oil, or phthalates
- GreenDropShip Wholesale Price: $7.48 per bottle
- Average Retail Price: $11.99 per bottle
Babo Botanicals Sensitive Baby Hydrating Lotion
- Made with rich shea butter, jojoba oil, calendula & chamomile
- Keeps skin hydrated, soft & supple
- No fragrances + gluten, soy & dairy free
- GreenDropShip Wholesale Price: $8.74 per bottle
- Average Retail Price: $13.99 per bottle
Canus Natural Body Lotion + Shea Butter
- No parabens, phosphates, or artificial additives
- Cruelty-free – not tested on animals
- Made with fresh Canadian goat milk
- GreenDropShip Wholesale Price: $9.83 per bottle
- Average Retail Price: $12.99 per bottle
Weleda Pampering Body Lotion
- Oil from rosehip seeds, apricot kernels & jojoba + shea butter
- Luxurious, indulgent, long-lasting moisture in one silky lotion
- For normal to dry skin
- Certified Natural Personal Care
- GreenDropShip Wholesale Price: $8.58 per bottle
- Average Retail Price: $13.99 per bottle
Nubian Heritage Bar Soap + Raw Shea Butter
- Raw shea butter + Soy milk, frankincense & myrrh
- Rich in essential vitamins & nourishing ingredients
- Packed with vitamin E, soy milk, and cocoa butter
- GreenDropShip Wholesale Price: $3.07 per bar
- Average Retail Price: $4.99 per bar
Nubian Heritage Body Wash + Raw Shea Butter
- Made with soy milk, frankincense & myrrh
- Age-defying, invigorating & protecting
- Uses an exclusive shea butter, vitamin E & soy milk blend
- GreenDropShip Wholesale Price: $7.36 per bottle
- Average Retail Price: $11.99 per bottle
Nubian Heritage Hand Cream + Raw Shea Body Butter
- Proprietary blend of soy milk, frankincense & myrrh
- Nutrient-rich, long-lasting moisturizing treatment
- Organic & raw shea butter + nourishing vitamin E
- GreenDropShip Wholesale Price: $4.90 per bottle
- Average Retail Price: $7.99 per bottle
South of France Hand Wash + Shea Butter
- Gluten-free & cruelty-free
- Certified 100% vegan & natural
- Proprietary blend of coconut & olive oil + shea butter
- With moisturizing Mediterranean Sea Algae
- GreenDropShip Wholesale Price: $2.63 per bottle
- Average Retail Price: $4.99 per bottle
Peet Bros. Shea Body Butter Soap
Available from GreenDropShip: Coconut Vanilla (pictured), Charcoal, or Unscented.
- Absolutely No Palm
- Made with Up to 25x More Shea Butter
- Moisturizing & Soothing Bath Bar
- All-Natural Ingredients
- GreenDropShip Wholesale Price: $3.99 per 5 oz
- Average Retail Price: $5.99 per 5 oz
One With Nature Mineral Soap + Shea Butter
Available from GreenDropShip: French Green Clay (pictured), Volcanic Mud, Activated Charcoal & Eucalyptus.
- Triple-milled mineral soap
- Made with Argan Oil & Shea Butter
- 100% natural, no artificial additives
- Non-GMO Project Verified
- GreenDropShip Wholesale Price: $3.24 per 7 oz
- Average Retail Price: $5.99 per 7 oz
Everything You Need To Know About Finding An Organic Shea Butter Wholesaler
Happiness is a habit. So is your skincare. – Linden Tyler
We’ve established that shea butter products are great to sell online, especially from natural and organic brands.
But, before you can add them to your online store, you’ll need to find a source of wholesale shea butter. Luckily, there are a few ways you can do this!
However, before we move on, it’s important to note that this source of wholesale shea butter can be referred to by various terms, all of which are used more or less interchangeably:
- Dropshipping supplier
- Wholesale supplier
- Wholesale distributor
- Dropshipping distributor
These various terms all refer to the company that sells you – the merchant – wholesale shea butter products at wholesale prices.
However, there are some slight differences in meaning for some of the terms. Most notably, not every wholesaler will offer members the opportunity to dropship. In other words, not all wholesalers, suppliers, or distributors offer dropshipping services.
That means that you’ll have to do your due diligence when choosing a wholesale shea butter supplier/wholesaler. Luckily, we have a section below where we give you a list of questions that will help you identify the best possible supplier/wholesaler for your needs!
RELATED ARTICLE: Dropshipping Beauty Products: Best Suppliers
I) What Do You Want In A Shea Body Butter Wholesaler?
If you want to find the best possible shea butter wholesaler, supplier, or distributor, make sure they have the following characteristics:
- Selection of products that consumers actually want.
- Brands that are in high demand – both recognizable and emerging.
- Competitive rates & wholesale prices to keep your store profitable.
- Short shipping & lead times – consumers hate waiting nowadays!
- Effective and reliable packaging that protects fragile or perishable orders.
- Innovative tools like Shopify apps or product feeds to make you successful.
This is an ultra-important decision. In fact, it can easily make the difference between profitable success and costly failure.
As a result, you should definitely take the time to choose the right wholesaler (or wholesalers). Remember, if you can’t find a single wholesaler or supplier that meets all your needs as a merchant, then you choose to work with multiple shea butter wholesalers or suppliers.
RELATED ARTICLE: How To Dropship From Multiple Suppliers Seamlessly
II) Top Methods For Finding Wholesale Shea Body Butter Suppliers
So how do you find a wholesale shea butter supplier or wholesaler? Thankfully, it’s not too difficult and there are a few methods you can use:
- Via search engine. Just search online! But make sure you include the keywords like wholesale shea butter + dropshipping supplier, wholesaler, distributor, or dropshipper.
- Use a directory. It’s a pre-approved list of suppliers that usually requires payment. Examples include Wholesale Central, Inventory Source, and WorldWide Brands.
- Contact manufacturers/producers. If you know what shea butter brands/products you want to sell, contact the manufacturers and ask for a list of approved suppliers.
- Use a Shopify app. If you’re selling on the Shopify platform, go to the Shopify App Store and click: Categories > Finding Products > Dropshipping and/or Finding Suppliers.
- Choose GreenDropShip! Do you want to sell natural shea butter? Choose GreenDropShip! We’re both a dropshipping supplier and wholesaler with tons of great products.
Additionally, once you’ve compiled a list of potential suppliers, then you should definitely vet each one and determine which best fits your needs as a merchant.
III) Specify That You Want Shea Butter “Products”
Don’t forget that there’s a difference between “shea butter products” and just raw shea butter. In other words, shea butter products are beauty products that have shea butter as an active ingredient.
On the other hand, just raw shea butter is the unprocessed fat that’s extracted from the African shea tree.
Therefore, you need to be cognizant that there are wholesalers that sell raw shea butter, usually in bulk, to producers who want to make their own beauty products.
For all intents and purposes, you’re likely looking for shea butter products. So, if you’re searching online, make sure you pay close attention to how you word your search queries. Plus, if you’re not getting the results you want, add “products” to your search phrase.
Additionally, you should use the phrases shea butter and shea body butter interchangeably since they largely mean the same thing.
That being said, try several variations, including:
- Wholesale natural shea butter supplier
- Shea body butter product suppliers
- Wholesale shea butter products
- Wholesale organic shea body butter distributors
- Organic shea body butter product suppliers
- Natural shea butter wholesale distributors
- Natural shea butter product dropshipping suppliers
- Shea butter beauty product wholesalers
- Organic shea body butter wholesale suppliers
- Shea butter beauty product dropshippers
Those are just some suggestions! Ultimately, you’ll have to take a closer look at the various results to find the best fit for you and your needs.
However, always keep in mind that you should explore the search results past the the first page. You’ll likely get lots of search results, but you need to choose the one that’ll work for you.
IV) Always Pick A USA-Based Wholesale Shea Butter Supplier
To put it simply, go with a domestic, US-based wholesale shea butter supplier!
Why, exactly? There are actually quite a few really good reasons. In fact, going with a domestic, US-based supplier means you’ll have:
- Shorter shipping times (customers hate waiting).
- Superior quality goods that customers demand.
- Safer products that are nontoxic.
- Fewer recalls for beauty products.
- Real brands and not fakes or counterfeits.
- Greater degree of control over product quality.
- Better customer service to provide more help.
- A common language for better communication.
- Easier and clearer policies for returns and refunds.
- A superior user experience (UX) for consumers.
As you can see, those are all some pretty compelling reasons! To put it simply, US-based suppliers are just better, through and through.
Of course, many merchants go with overseas suppliers, frequently based in China, because they have lower wholesale prices.
But, they have such long shipping times, inferior customer service, and poor quality products that it’s frequently not actually worth the price difference.
Plus, the toxicity of products that originate in China is a major concern, especially if you’re talking about beauty products!
- Best Made In USA Wholesale Dropshippers
- What Are The Best Dropshippers In Los Angeles?
- Best Shopify Dropshipping Apps in 2022
V) Ask The Shea Body Butter Wholesalers The Following Questions
So you’ve put together a list of potential wholesale shea butter suppliers. Awesome! Now what?
Well, now you have to do a little due diligence, so make sure you ask the following questions:
- Do they sell shea butter products or raw shea butter?
- Are they a wholesaler? Do they sell in bulk?
- Do they also function as a dropshipping supplier?
- How much does it cost? Is it a membership or per-transaction?
- What are the shipping rates? How are they calculated?
- Do they integrate with an eCommerce platform? Which ones?
- Is there Shopify integration? If so, do they have a Shopify app?
- Can you add products to sell via product feeds?
- How’s their customer service? Is it reliable and always available?
- Do they serve a particular niche?
- What kinds of brands do they have? How’s the product selection?
- What’s their refund and return policy?
Although that may seem like too many questions, it’s important to do a thorough job when vetting your potential suppliers for wholesale shea butter. Trust us: you’re going to want to know as much as possible.
Remember, your wholesaler or supplier should basically be a collaborator with you – this is especially true if they’re also a dropshipping supplier.
VI) Choose GreenDropShip As Your Wholesale Shea Butter Supplier
Finally, you can just go with a top-shelf supplier like GreenDropShip to get your wholesale shea butter products, especially if you want to operate in the natural and organic niche.
Is your target market health-conscientious and flush with extra funds? If so, make sure you find a wholesale shea butter supplier that specializes in natural and organic products.
Luckily for you, GreenDropShip is a perfect choice! We have all the best natural beauty products from all the most amazing brands, including wholesale shea butter products.
As a matter of fact, our incredible selection of wholesale shea butter includes:
- Natural and organic wholesale shea butter with no synthetic ingredients.
- Well-known shea butter brands that are in high demand with consumers.
- Emerging shea butter brands that haven’t hit market saturation yet.
- Clear ingredient lists on all the wholesale shea butter products.
- Domestic shea butter brands that are safer and more effective.
To see some of the amazing wholesale shea butter products that are available to our members, check out the section above! Plus, GreenDropShip has a ton of other incredible products.
We’re a premium dropshipping supplier and wholesaler of natural and organic products, including groceries, home goods, aromatherapy supplies, beauty products, health & wellness items, pet products, vitamins & supplements, and baby products.
What Kind Of Shea Body Butter Brands Should I Sell?
Good skincare is a lifetime commitment. – Georgia Louise
This is an important question: Do you sell shea butter products from established brands? Or do you try and sell new upcoming and emerging brands?
What happens if you focus on emerging and upcoming brands? It’s a greater risk, but they can actually be more profitable if you market them properly. Plus, the dropshipping model is inherently low-risk, even if you’re selling new brands.
RELATED ARTICLE: How To Market An Ecommerce Store On A Tight Budget
Additionally, there are a couple of compelling advantages to selling new and emerging brands, including the ability to:
- Maintain profitability by avoiding market saturation.
- Engage customers who are curious about new beauty products.
- Build authority by effectively becoming the brand ambassador.
- Capitalize on beauty trends and stay ahead of your competitors.
- Avoid competing directly with retail giants like Amazon or Walmart.
Luckily for you, GreenDropShip offers both established and upcoming brands! If you’re a member, then you get a wide array of choices so you can curate a killer product selection.
Plus, choosing to sell upcoming shea butter brands means that you can easily innovate, quickly scale up, and carve out your own niche in the wider beauty market.
Moreover, selling upcoming and emerging brands appeals more to the tastemakers – specifically the innovators and achievers. This puts you in a uniquely advantageous position to jumpstart or stay ahead of trends.
Finally, the dropshipping model is inherently low-risk. In fact, you’ll never order too much inventory and get stuck with a surplus or order too little and experience a shortage.
- Dropshipping Branded Products: Guide for Online Retailers
- Top 17 Current Dropshipping & eCommerce Trends For 2022
How Do I Buy Wholesale Shea Butter In Bulk To Sell Online?
Before you can start making some coin selling shea butter products, you’ll have to choose your actual retail model. In other words, you’ll have to decide how you want to sell the shea butter products online.
You have a few options, but let’s start with the wholesale model (otherwise known as inventory-holding, bulk buying, or just conventional retail).
With the inventory-holding model, the merchant will buy wholesale shea butter (at wholesale prices) from a wholesaler. Then, they store this inventory until they sell it to an online shopper, at which point in time they pull, pack, and ship the product.
RELATED ARTICLE: How To Find Cheap Wholesale Products For Resale & Bulk-Buying
This is a pretty popular model because it’s sometimes possible to negotiate lower wholesale prices, depending on whether you’re buying in bulk.
Furthermore, the merchant is 100% responsible for every aspect of inventory management, including storing, packing, and shipping the shea butter products to the end consumer.
As a result, with this model the merchant will:
- Face higher overhead and operational expenses.
- Have more logistics to deal with.
- Need to buy or rent a warehouse to store the goods.
- Need climate-controlled storage space for beauty products.
- Have to follow best-by dates since shea butter can go rancid.
- Need to use correct inventory management, including first in first out (FIFO).
- Need the resources to properly store, pack, and ship all orders.
Finally, there are usually minimum order quantities (MOQs) that you have to follow when ordering. Since you could overestimate demand and get stuck with an unsold surplus, this increases the risk.
Why Is Dropshipping The Best Way To Sell Shea Body Butter?
Aging is a fact of life. Looking your age is not. – Dr. Howard Murad
There’s an old saying: There’s more than one way to bake a cake. Well, this also holds true: There’s more than one way to sell shea butter online.
Since we’ve already discussed the wholesale model – aka the inventory-holding, bulk buying, or conventional retail model – let’s talk about our favorite eCommerce model: dropshipping.
For all intents and purposes, dropshipping is the least risky and most convenient retail model that you can use.
RELATED ARTICLE: How To Dropship: Build A Profitable Ecommerce Store
It’s pretty simple: with dropshipping, all the storing, packing, and shipping of products is overseen by the dropshipping supplier. In other words, the merchant never actually handles the inventory directly.
That means that it’s a pay-as-you-go model – you only order inventory after you’ve made the sale. That’s why it’s so low-risk! Pretty cool, right?
RELATED ARTICLE: How To Increase Dropshipping Sales: Top Tips
I) Dropshipping & Its Awesome Advantages
As you might imagine, dropshipping has some pretty legit advantages:
- It’s low-risk since you’ll never order too much or too little inventory.
- Most suppliers do not have minimum order quantities (MOQs).
- You can easily telecommute and work remotely from home.
- It’s easy to automate your store by choosing the right tools and apps.
- Startup costs and operational expenses are exceptionally low.
- You don’t have to deal with the hassles of inventory and shipping logistics.
- There’s no need to fork over cash for expensive warehouse space.
- Your dropshipping supplier usually has a return and refund policy in place.
If you look carefully at that list of pros, you can clearly see that dropshipping is a retail model that’s significantly easier for the merchant. In fact, the dropshipping supplier takes on most of the headache-inducing hassles of running an online store.
RELATED ARTICLE: Can You Start Dropshipping With No Money?
II) How Does Dropshipping Work?
Although they deal with a lot, your dropshipping supplier ultimately does not oversee every single step. Instead, they focus on inventory, storage, and shipping while you can focus on marketing and connecting with consumers.
So let’s not forget that the merchant is still 100% responsible for multiple steps in the overall process. That being said, let’s take a look at the general steps:
- Identify a dropshipping niche (like natural beauty products).
- Find a wholesale shea butter supplier or distributor.
- Pick one that’s a dropshipping supplier (like GreenDropShip).
- Design and build your eCommerce store.
- Add shea butter beauty products to your online store.
- The online shopper makes a purchase.
- Order the shea butter product from your dropshipping supplier.
- The dropshipping supplier retrieves, packs, and ships the order.
Pretty simple, right? If you’d like to see a streamlined and condensed version, check out this nifty graphic:
It’s all pretty simple, right? And it makes eCommerce so much easier for merchants!
Finally, let’s take a moment to look at the profit formula for dropshipping:
The retail price is the price consumers will pay for a product while the wholesale price is the price that the merchant will pay from a wholesaler or dropshipping supplier. Plus, the costs and fees are the various costs it takes to run the store (including a supplier membership).
RELATED ARTICLE: Dropshipping Profit Margins: How To Price Your Products
Additionally, there’s another nifty formula that you can use:
REVENUE – COST OF GOODS SOLD (COGS) = GROSS PROFIT
The cost of goods sold (COGS) includes all the costs associated with producing, procuring, and selling the goods.
- Is Dropshipping Still Worth It And Profitable In 2022?
- Dropshipping Business Opportunities: Your Complete Guide
- Is Dropshipping Legal in 2022? What To Avoid
How Do I Set Up My Shea Butter eCommerce Store?
Healthy skin is always in. – Unknown
So you’ve decided to sell shea butter online – that’s great! Now you need to get your store up and running so you can start making those sales and raking in the dough.
However, you need to decide how you want to actually build your store, especially if you’re not using an eCommerce platform.
Additionally, don’t forget that you’ll have to choose your actual retail model. In other words, you’ll have to decide how you want to sell these shea butter products online, including the inventory-holding or dropshipping model.
Luckily for you, we go over everything you need to know in the sections below!
I) Build My Store From Scratch
If you have the time, technical skills, or inclination, then you can always build your shea butter store from scratch. In other words, you can design it from the ground up and retain full control over every aspect of its design, aesthetics, and functionality.
RELATED ARTICLE: How to Make a Dropshipping Website To Sell Products
When you build your online store, you just need to make sure that you:
- Provide a great user experience (also known as U/X).
- Make the products easy to find in your layout.
- Create unique, accurate, and appealing product descriptions.
- Use high-resolution product images from your supplier.
- Include an intuitive, easy, and convenient checkout process.
- Build a secure store to protect sensitive shopper information.
That being said, the basic steps to building your own shea butter online store are:
- Choose a web host.
- Install a shopping cart.
- Sign up for an SSL certificate.
- Pick a payment gateway.
- Use a template (if possible).
Of course, building your own site is more time- and labor-intensive, but if you want to retain a greater degree of control, then it’s definitely the way to go!
RELATED ARTICLE: The Ultimate Guide To Shopify Website Design
II) Buy A Premade Online Store
On the other hand, you can always buy a premade dropshipping store!
RELATED ARTICLE: The Guide To Buying & Selling Premade Dropshipping Stores
These premade stores can be found on various marketplaces that we discuss in the above blog post.
That being said, there are several types:
- Basic. These are bare bones and can cost as little as 50 bucks, but they can feel a little generic.
- Turnkey. These are also new but have a more established clientele and brand identity.
- Fully Established. These have a fully developed brand identity, sales volume, and customer base.
- Custom Premade. The merchant can tell the developer precisely what they want in their store.
As a store buyer, you’ll have to decide which one best meets your needs. As a store builder, you’ll have to decide which type you want to work on.
The advantages of buying a premade dropshipping store to sell shea butter online include less work, more time, a short startup time, the ability to have a sleek-looking, bug-free store right out of the gate, and the ability to avoid some common beginner’s mistakes.
On the other hand, the disadvantages include less control over all aspects of the final store (like aesthetics and functionality), a brand identity that’s already been established, and higher startup costs.
Plus, the premade store designer will have already done all the product research and chosen your niche, dropshipping supplier, and products.
So which is better? Building a shea butter store from scratch or buying a premade store? Well, that all depends on you and what you need or want. If you want more control and lower overhead, then build from scratch. If you want less work, then buy a premade store!
III) Dropshipping Shea Butter On Amazon
There are a few eCommerce platforms you can use to dropship or sell shea butter online.
That being said, one of the best platforms is definitely Amazon. It has a ton of advantages, including:
- Low overhead. Just pick a supplier and get an Amazon Professional Seller Account.
- Enormous customer base. Amazon currently has over 300 million active users.
- Large volume of sales. Amazon sellers connect to 2.5 billion monthly shoppers.
- Plenty of niches. There are a ton of niches and product categories to choose from.
- Easily scalable. Once your store becomes successful, you can quickly scale up.
- High consumer trust. A whopping 89% of consumers prefer Amazon!
Additionally, Amazon is super popular with third-party sellers (3P sellers). There’s a good reason for that: being a 3P seller is a pretty sweet gig. For instance, they’re responsible for more than half of the platform’s sales.
Plus, in 2020, Amazon generated over $80 billion in 3P seller services. As impressive as this figure is, it’s even more amazing considering that it increased by over 50% from 2019.
One of the best things about Amazon is its flexibility – you can use multiple retail models. This includes both dropshipping and the conventional retail (inventory-holding) models. Either way, you can tap into Amazon’s huge customer base.
RELATED ARTICLE: Amazon Dropshipping: The Complete Guide & Killer Tools
Finally, Amazon has a massive selection of niches and product categories. However, some of these are known as restricted categories or gated categories. In order to sell in these restricted categories, you’ll need to get ungated.
Since wholesale shea butter goods are beauty products (or self-care products), some might be considered “gated”. However, it’s up to you to make sure that you’re operating within the right designation.
RELATED ARTICLE: How To Get Ungated On Amazon – Strategies for Sellers
IV) What About Fulfillment By Amazon (FBA)?
Dropshipping on Amazon is a pretty sweet retail setup, but there’s another possibility. It’s called Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA)!
With this model, the merchant pays Amazon to store and ship all orders from a fulfillment center. However, much like Amazon dropshipping, you still sell your products via the regular Amazon storefront as a 3P seller.
In other words, Amazon pulls, packs, and ships the shea butter products to the consumer after they make a purchase.
Additionally, there are some definite pros to Amazon FBA. Essentially, you reap all the benefits of selling on Amazon, including:
- Great brand recognition.
- Access to a huge customer base.
- Superior customer service.
- Multiple fulfillment centers.
- Fantastic return and refund policy.
- Excellent shipping infrastructure.
However, there are some disadvantages too. First and foremost, Amazon FBA costs more – you have to pay Amazon in order to use their FBA program. That means it’ll eat into your profit margins, which can frequently be pretty thin.
Plus, the cost of using Amazon FBA all depends on how much inventory Amazon is storing for you and how long they’ve been storing it. This means that the FBA fees will vary from order to order.
If you’re looking to get an estimate of the fees for a particular order, check out this nifty tool: Feedvisor Amazon FBA Calculator. They even have Amazon FBA calculators for different countries – for instance, here’s the calculator for the USA.
Luckily for you, GreenDropShip offers free Amazon FBA prep services to all our members!
RELATED ARTICLE: Amazon FBA vs Dropshipping: Which Is Better?
V) Dropshipping Shea Butter With WooCommerce
You can also easily integrate the WooCommerce platform with GreenDropShip.
Although not as well known or recognizable as the other options, WooCommerce is actually the largest open-source eCommerce platform in the world! Pretty cool, right?
As with any open-source application, you have an unparalleled amount of control over every aspect of the platform. This applies to every aspect, including aesthetics, usability, functionality, and overall feel of the store.
In other words, everything is super customizable!
However, there is one significant downside: editing source code usually requires some level of technical expertise. Luckily, WooCommerce operates on a WordPress interface that lets you do all the editing and designing without any programming knowledge.
Additionally, other useful features include:
- Fully customizable store-building.
- Highly secure encryption and transactions.
- Data segmentation to maximize return on investment (ROI).
- Customer groups to increase average order value (AOV).
- Tools for effective search engine optimization (SEO).
- Web hosting to simplify site management.
As you can see, there are some definite pros to choosing WooCommerce. In addition to its open-source customization features, it’s highly scalable. That means that all retailers can use it, from tiny stores to enormous retail operations.
Finally, you have a few choices in accessing WordPress: via a hosting provider, internet browser, or mobile apps. However, to take advantage of the sweet user interface, you’ll need to download the WooCommerce plugin for WordPress.
VI) Start A Shea Butter Shopify Store
Last (but definitely not least), we come to one of the premier eCommerce platforms: Shopify. In our opinion, this is the best option! It’s the gold standard – Shopify is the Cadillac of eCommerce platforms.
Consider the following: it’s super secure, highly efficient, and immediately intuitive for users. Consequently, in no time you can design and build a killer store that’s highly secure, functional, and sleek-looking without any coding or design knowledge.
That being said, let’s take a look at some of the other awesome advantages:
- Shopify’s selection of templates (themes).
- A high degree of scalability and customization.
- Amazing selection of apps from the Shopify App Store.
- You can trust Shopify with customers’ sensitive personal information.
- Shopify has excellent customer service that’s available 24/7/365.
- You can get additional help via forums and the Shopify Community.
- It’s easy to implement search engine optimization (SEO) for search results.
Ultimately, Shopify has stayed relevant for so long because it appeals to both novices and experienced sellers.
Additionally, Shopify has a pretty sweet selection of apps. These are essential tools to optimize your store and make you more profitable and/or successful.
We have some helpful blog posts where we discuss Shopify’s best apps:
- Top 6 Shopify Upsell & Cross-Sell Apps
- Top Shopify Design Apps To Build Your Store
- Best Shopify Review Apps to Build Your Store
- Top Trust Badges for Shopify To Convert Online Shoppers
Finally, Shopify offers a free 14-day trial with limited functionality. However, if you request an extension and give the impression that you’ll be getting a membership, then they’ll usually give you 90 days for free!
- Top 10 Shopify Dropshipping Tips You Need to Know
- Do You Need A Business License to Sell on Shopify?
Best Shopify Dropshipping Apps in 2022
- How To Find The Hottest Trending Products For Shopify
- The Guide To Selling Food On Shopify
Find All The Best Wholesale Shea Butter Products At GreenDropShip!
Are you ready to build a thriving, bustling, profitable online store? Are you looking to make some decent coin selling shea butter beauty products online?
That’s good to hear! You can find plenty of amazing wholesale shea butter products at GreenDropShip!
We’re both a dropshipping supplier and wholesaler, so you can use the dropshipping and the inventory-holding models to sell premium shea butter products in your online store.
With thousands of natural and organic products to choose from, there’s something for everyone in our selection. Our niches and product categories include:
- Natural Skincare & Natural Haircare
- Black Hair Care Goods
- Baby Products & Baby Food
- Natural & Organic Groceries
- Vegan & Plant-Based Groceries
- Trending Summer Products
- Natural, Craft & Exotic Soda
- Staple Carbs like Rice, Bread & Pasta
- Sparkling, Mineral, & Alkaline Bottled Water
- Organic Honey & Natural Sweeteners
- Natural Candy & Gourmet Chocolate
- Fair-Trade + Organic Tea & Coffee
- Exotic Snacks + Ethnic Foods
- Baking Supplies + Herbs & Spices
- Health & Wellness Goods
- Vitamins & Supplements
- Protein Powders + Weight Loss Products
- Essential Oils + Aromatherapy Supplies
- Home Goods & Cleaning Supplies
- Dog Food, Cat Food & Dog Treats
We carry both well-established and upcoming brands. thereby giving our members more choices in what they want to sell.
Finally, we also have a Shopify dropshipping app – import shea butter products into your Shopify store with no hassle and just a few clicks. No more unwieldy spreadsheets!
If you’d prefer not to use our Shopify app, our product feeds still offer full integration with your Amazon, Shopify, or WooCommerce store.
Join GreenDropShip today and start selling!