Selling Whitening Toothpaste Online: Opportunities & Tips
Everyone wants to have a beautiful smile with white, radiant teeth. This means that there are many online shoppers looking to buy the necessary products to help them achieve this. As an online retailer, selling whitening toothpaste is a great way to meet this growing demand and help drive profits.
Finding the right products that will connect with potential customers is always a challenge. That is why using a dropshipping provider that can handle the logistics of inventory as well as shipping can help your online store grow and thrive. They can provide toothpaste in bulk that will meet your customer’s demand, especially for natural and organic beauty products.
What Is Whitening Toothpaste?
If you are an online retailer who is trying to meet the market demand for whitening toothpaste, it’s important to know what people are looking for. It’s also important to consider the human tooth and its basic structure that breaks down as follows:
- Enamel. This is the outer layer and this is what whitening toothpaste works on.
- Dentin. This is the inner layer that has a natural yellowish color.
Whitening toothpaste works by removing surface stains on the tooth’s enamel. However, it can not alter the natural color of a person’s teeth and it can not reverse a stain that goes deeper than the enamel.
Whitening toothpaste usually includes:
- Certain kinds of abrasives that gently polish the enamel.
- Various chemicals that break down or dissolve the actual stains.
The abrasives and chemicals are known as the active ingredients. This combination is what makes whitening toothpaste effective. As a result, there is an incredibly large market for these products as whitening toothpaste is the most effective over-the-counter (OTC) method for achieving whiter teeth. By ordering wholesale toothpaste for your online store, you can help your customers achieve a more beautiful smile!
The Market for Whitening Toothpaste
Any online retailer knows how important it is to find a product that has high demand. Whitening toothpaste is precisely this type of product! According to an analysis by the market research firm Hexa Research, the global market for all teeth whitening products was valued at $5.56 billion in the year 2016. Even more impressive is the fact that this is expected to reach $7.40 billion by the year 2024. An increasing number of people are looking to get that radiant smile!
Of these various whitening products, toothpaste represents the lion’s share of the overall market. Additionally, this same report concluded that a stunning 99.2% of people believe that having a nice smile is an important social benefit. Everyone wants to look good, whether it’s for your Facebook friends or Instagram followers. A bright smile can build confidence and help your potential customers feel good with themselves.
Additionally, the report concluded that the compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of whitening toothpaste was an impressive 6.3%. It also stated that online retail was reaching market dominance with a CAGR of 3.8% for the years 2012 to 2017. Essentially, this all means that the market is already quite robust and will only continue to grow.
This impressive growth can be attributed to a number of factors, including:
- Increasing focus on appearance (especially due to social media and our online presence).
- Importance of white teeth for social interaction and professional success.
- Increase in disposable income (especially in emerging markets like Asia-Pacific and South America).
This is all contributing to robust global demand for OTC teeth whitening products. Consumers are increasingly prioritizing dental hygiene, thereby driving the market upwards and generating profits for online retailers.
What Are the Causes of Tooth Discoloration?
There are a variety of reasons for tooth discoloration, including:
- Foods and drinks. Especially coffee, tea, sodas, wines, soy sauce, tomato sauce, curry, apples, and potatoes.
- Tobacco. Both smoking and chewing tobacco may stain teeth.
- Poor hygiene. Inadequate flossing, brushing, or rinsing with mouthwash.
- Disease. Various infections as well as radiation and chemotherapy.
- Medications. Antihistamines (Benadryl), psychotropics, and antibiotics like tetracycline and doxycycline as well as mouth washes containing cetylpyridinium and chlorhexidine.
- Age. As you grow older, enamel (outer layer) deteriorates and exposes the yellow dentin (inner layer).
- Genetics. Some people are just born with thicker or brighter enamel.
- Environmental factors. Excessive amounts of fluoride in fluoridated water, toothpastes, supplements, or rinses.
Any one of these can potentially discolor a person’s teeth. As a consequence, many consumers are looking to purchase whitening toothpaste to reverse these negative effects.
What Are the Active Ingredients in Whitening Toothpaste?
The following active ingredients are found in most varieties of whitening toothpaste:
- Peroxide – the most common chemical used to bleach the enamel.
- Zinc citrate – this is an antiseptic that breaks down plaque and bacterial growth.
- Propolis – prevents tooth decay, fights bacteria, heals damaged gums, and prevents bad breath.
Additionally, many brands will use the following abrasives to give teeth a thorough cleaning like you would find in a dentist’s office:
- Hydrated silica
- Dicalcium phosphate
- Calcium carbonate
- Sodium bicarbonate
Finally, many natural and organic varieties of whitening toothpaste will use xylitol as a sugar substitute to give their product a pleasing taste. Some many even avoid adding fluoride, a common additive to combat tooth decay. Remember that excessive use of fluoride can actually cause tooth discoloration.
When selling whitening toothpaste, let your customers know that it should take about 4 to 6 weeks for results This is assuming that they use it twice a day and brush their teeth thoroughly; good dental hygiene overall is equally important.
As an online retailer, choosing wholesale toothpaste that has these active ingredients will meet your customers’ demand for safe and effective products. By selling whitening toothpaste, you will help them achieve that beautiful smile!
Selling Whitening Toothpaste with Greendropship
As an online retailer, choosing the right dropshipping provider is absolutely crucial. It is useful to think of this business arrangement as a kind of collaboration where you focus on connecting with customers and they focus on maintaining and shipping inventory. This also means that you should choose a provider that has the right kind of stock for your potential customers.
Thankfully, Greendropship has over 20,000 natural and organic products for you to choose from. They carry some of the most popular brands for whitening toothpaste, including Tom’s of Maine, Spry, Auromere, and Radius. Because these products are all natural and organic, they are paraben and cruelty-free. These are important factors for many consumers as they can be very particular about the products they use. As an online retailer, it is crucial that you point this out to your potential customers to get their attention. If you properly provide them with products they like, it’s perfectly possible you can turn those one-time visitors into regular customers.
To find out more about the different brands of whitening toothpaste you can dropship, download Greendropship’s catalog now.