In this article, you can find out how to dropship dietary supplements if you’re an online reseller or want to start your e-commerce business. Latest trend and data show that the sales in the supplement industry will continue to grow. This is especially true for organic dietary supplements, which do not cause health concerns, unlike synthetic dietary supplements and vitamins. Along with an overall look at this dropshipping category, we have included a list of recommended products to sell online.
Why Sell Supplements Online?
High re-order rates, low return rates, light shipping weight, high retail prices, and the high consumer demand are the main reasons behind the promising potential of this category. In addition, with dropshipping method, you can avoid inventory risk. As the entire order fulfillment process is the responsibility of the dropshipping wholesalers, you would have more time to focus on other aspects of your business.
Whether you sell them on your own online store or on third-party e-commerce marketplaces such as Amazon and eBay, dietary supplement category is a profitable one with a lot of potential for success.
Supplements are one of the most profitable dropshipping categories. There are a few reasons behind this.
- Selling supplements online often mean high re-order rates. So, it is a recurring revenue for your store. Once a customer buys from you, they are very likely to come back once they are out.
- Retail prices for vitamins and dietary supplements are high enough for increased profit margins. You just need to partner with a drop ship supplier that can offer you true wholesale prices.
- Shipping weight for vitamins and supplements are quite low.
- Return rates are low. If there is not a problem with the overall condition of the package, there is no good reason for customers to return the products.
- Supplements are in high-demand. According to Grand View Research, the global dietary supplements market size was estimated at USD 123.28 billion in 2019.
How to Dropship Supplements
So you’ve made the choice: you’re dropshipping supplements. The dropshipping business model means that you’ll have fewer costs and lower risk. But make sure you that look at the following tips to successfully dropship supplements:
- Find the right dropshipping supplier. Make sure you choose a supplier with competitive wholesale prices, an extensive inventory of supplements, tools to help you track sales, top-notch shipping and handling, and excellent customer service 24/7/365.
- Identify your target market. Supplements continue to grow in popularity, so make sure you research the market to determine who you’ll be trying to sell to. For example, younger shoppers will more likely purchase fitness supplements while older consumers may be more interested in nutritional supplements. You could even market to both!
- Research key market trends. As with any other group of products, supplements will go through various phases of popularity. As a result, you should identify how the market is trending. You can use Google Trends, view reports from research firms like Mordor Intelligence or Grand View Research, or check out e-commerce trend publications like PSFK, Trend Hunter, or Trend Watching.
- Do additional research on which products to carry. You should focus on brands with high customer satisfaction and loyalty. For example, choose products that are designated Amazon’s Choice and check customer ratings on other supplement websites like VitaCost, Swanson Health Products, Vitamin Shoppe, or CVS Pharmacy.
- Determine where you want to set up your store. You can set up your own online store by choosing an e-commerce platform like Shopify or WooCommerce. Or you can create a store on online marketplaces such as Amazon or Ebay.
- Find your niche. Supplements are a large market, so there will be plenty of niches and even sub-niches within that general category. Because dropshipping is so competitive, sometimes it’s best to have an ultra-focused online store that appeals to a very specific shopper. There are a number of tools you can use to find a dropshipping niche.
- Drive traffic to your store to start making sales: Some of the tools that will give your store more exposure and help you reach your audience are Google Ads or Facebook Ads, each of which has their respective pros and cons. Make sure to also use Search Engine Optimization (SEO) techniques to bring traffic to your website for your targeted keywords.
Follow these tips and watch your online store thrive!
The Difference Between Organic, Natural, & Synthetic Supplements
Clearly, not all supplements are organic. Some are created synthetically in labs with various chemicals while others come from natural sources like food. The problem with synthetic supplements&vitamins is that our bodies cannot sort synthetic supplements like organic ones. Besides, some studies link unnatural vitamins to increasing various diseases such as cancer and heart disease. When there are such potential health risks. conscious consumers and sellers will prefer organic supplements.
Both sellers and consumers should be careful with product labels when it comes to organic supplements. This is because often times, there is a huge difference between supplements labeled natural and supplements labeled USDA organic. Besides, some manufacturers abuse the word “natural”. They are able to label their products natural even if they only have some natural components. but also a lot of synthetic components in their products. However, this does not necessarily mean if a product is labeled “natural”, you should stay away from them. It is a good idea to quickly study the nutrition information and make a judgment call.
Top Organic Supplements to Sell Online
Here are some brand name supplements you can sell on your e-commerce store. They are all available at GreenDropship.
Green Foods: Organic Chlorella
- USDA Organic
- Richest Natural Source of Chlorophyll
- Vegan, Gluten Free, Non-GMO
- Effective detoxification
- Strengthens digestion system
- Powerful immunity boosting antioxidants
This product contains %100 organic supplements, containing protein, vitamin A, vitamin C, B vitamins, iron, chlorophyll, and chlorella growth factors. This is a product with a particularly high re-order rate. This is because consumers are relying on these for specific health issues. As a result, they re-order even before they are out as long as they are happy with the pricing.
Organic Chlorella is grown in Hainan Island, China. It is also certified by QAI (Quality Assurance International).
Greendropship’s True Wholesale Price: $10.25
Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price: $18.99
Natural Vitality: Organic Life Vitamins Organic
- USDA Certified Organic
- A Premium Daily Multi, lovingly crafted with a light fruit taste and significant amounts of key nutrients for increased energy
- A simple, economical way to achieve a daily foundation of good nutrition
- Certified organic flavors, agave nectar, and stevia.
This is one of the best selling multi-vitamin liquid in natural, organic products industry. It consists of organic aloe vera, 24 organic superfruits, and veggies. Mixing 2 tablespoons of this product will be enough to satisfy a lot of daily nutritional needs.
Moreover, by selling this product, you do not only help with a healthier diet but also you support organic farming practices.
Greendropship’s True Wholesale Price: $16.65
Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price: $36.63
Only Natural: Brown Seaweed Plus
This natural supplement is a blend of brown seaweed and organic green tea extract. It contains naturally occurring Fucoxanthin, a brown pigment, found within the most of the brown algae. This pigment has fat burning qualities, which makes it a good supplement for weight loss. However, its qualities do not end there. These capsules also help regulate the blood sugar.
It contains only natural ingredients. It is vegan, non-GMO, fat-free, nut-free, and sugar-free. Additionally, it does not contain any artificial sweeteners and preservatives. As there are no synthetic vitamins created in lab conditions, this natural dietary supplement is very healthy. Considering the fact that diabetes, as well as obesity, has become an even bigger problem in the U.S in recent years, these capsules could be a crucial dietary supplement in many American households.
Greendropship’s True Wholesale Price: $8.98
Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price: $19.76
Rainbow Light: Berry-D-Licious Vitamin
Here is another 100% natural product on our list. Rainbow Light’s Berry D- Licious vitamin does not only have a clever name but it is also full of Vitamin D3, aka cholecalciferol. Vitamin D3 significantly strengthens bones and muscles. Aside from bones and muscles, vitamin D3 also supports the immune health!
Our bodies can naturally make Vitamin D3 when we expose our bodies to sunlight. Yet, many people suffer from Vitamin D3 deficiency for various reasons. Hence, intake of this supplements is very important to most people.
As the manufacturer suggests, this product “contains no gluten, soy, yeast, milk, eggs, nuts, fish or shellfish”. It is 100% natural. It is also free of artificial colors, flavors, sweeteners, preservatives, and additives. Thanks to delicious raspberry flavor, taking these dietary supplement gummies will be pleasant experience for all ages.
Greendropship’s True Wholesale Price: $9.21
Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price: $20.26
Organic India: Moringa Powder
Moringa powder is native to India and has been used all over the world to beat malnourishment and malnutrition. This herbal supplement is a nutritionally complex whole food that is full of vitamins, minerals, and amino acids – all of which are necessary for general health and wellbeing. Daily intake of Moringa Powder can help restore imbalances to the body, supercharge your nutrition by adding a concentrated superfood, and help you consume the recommended 6 to 10 servings of vegetables per day!
Plus, it’s an Amazon’s Choice product with a near-perfect rating of 4.4! It’s also a highly-rated bestseller on VitaCost and Swanson Health Products.
- Certified USDA Organic
- Made with Organic Herbs
- Vegan – Vegetarian – Gluten-Free
- NON-GMO Project Verified
- Kosher and Halal Certified
Vegan Smart: Nutritional Shake
More and more exercise and fitness enthusiasts are turning to plant-based products. So make sure you offer plenty of vegan and plant-based products in your inventory. In fact, you could even focus on plant-based supplements as your niche! There’s plenty of demand.
Consider this nutritional shake from Vegan Smart: it’s more than just a protein powder. It’s like an all-in-one superfood in the familiar form of a shake or smoothie. That makes it nutritious and tasty for consumers who are health-conscious but live their lives on-the-go. This describes a lot of people!
Plus, it’s an Amazon’s Choice product and is a top-rated bestseller on Vitamin Shoppe and Swanson Health Products.
- Five different proteins from multiple plant sources.
- Nine healthy vegetables and fruits that are pumped full of antioxidants.
- Plenty of vitamins and minerals (22 different nutrients) that any active person needs.
- Fiber (6 grams) and omega blend (200 milligrams of Omega-3 fatty acids).
Macrolife Naturals: Macro Greens Nutrient-Rich Superfoods
In exercise and fitness circles, you’ll see the word “superfood” come up all the time. In fact, people are always on the lookout for the next superfood! But you’ll also see a lot of references to “macronutrients”. This is the practice of combining all these individual superfoods to come up with a nutrition profile that can supercharge anyone’s life and health.
That means that creating a workout and recovery diet based around macronutrients is all the rage right now. That’s where this product really shines: Macro Greens is a totally green and organic superfood that is full of 38 vital and nourishing macronutrients.
That means it will give the active user all the antioxidants, enzymes, vitamins, co-nutrients, amino acids, and minerals that they’ll ever need. That’s why it’s so popular in exercise and fitness circles: it’s incredibly dense with nutrients.
It’s a top-rated bestseller on Amazon, Swanson Health Products, VitaCost, and LuckyVitamin.
- Filled with prebiotics
- Over five fruit and vegetable servings
- Boosts energy and helps with weight loss
- Helps gently detoxify and cleanse on a daily basis
- Non-GMO, gluten and dairy-free, 100% vegan
Ready to dropship organic supplements? Learn more about us and sign up to view our products.