Are you planning on starting an online business selling consumer products? Then chances are you’ve been considering using dropshipping as part of your strategy. If you have then you are probably starting to think about selecting dropshipping suppliers in the USA to work with. Having fun with that? Where do you start when attempting to select the ideal dropship supplier?
Selecting Dropshipping Suppliers in the USA
If you don’t understand your business in terms of what you want to do, you can’t pick dropshipping suppliers. “I want to make money” I hear you say but that’s not enough. Do you want to target a product niche like natural skin care? Or do you want to offer a broader range of products to a specific demographic? Dropshipping suppliers differ in the range of manufacturers they source from and the products they carry.
Companies such as Wholesale2b and Dropship Direct offer products like electronics, clothes, food, home furnishings, and cosmetics. Selecting one of these types of dropship suppliers would provide access to the broadest range of products for your website. Working with these dropship suppliers would certainly allow you build niches in their areas of specialization.
Dropshipping allows you to advertise and fulfill on products that do not require any upfront investment or overstocking risk. Therefore, you can gain exposure from a wider audience of online shoppers, at minimal cost. When thinking of dropshipping, people may think of slim margins and a heavy reliance on your supplier. However, this flexible, low-risk model allows you to be more creative and strategic in your marketing efforts.
But as a start-up business you may encounter issues with high product return rates. (Traditionally a problem for consumer electronics retailers) and lower frequency of purchases. (Furniture products for example are relatively highly priced and last a long time before needing to be replaced). Dropshipping suppliers like GreenDropShip, Beauty Joint and Essential Pet provide online retailers with the opportunity to specialize in niche areas. These area include natural groceries, personal care, beauty products, and pet supplies.
What Help Do You Need?
The exciting thing about being an entrepreneur is that you are building a business from nothing. The frightening thing about being an entrepreneur is that you are building a business from nothing. It is important for you to focus on the activities that will define and differentiate your business.
What will differentiate your business will be your ideas about which customers you want to target. This is where you should spend your time. Let your dropshipping supplier handle inventory, transportation, and all the other activities associated with getting the purchased product. Some dropship suppliers provide additional services to help online retailers set up the e-commerce functionality of their websites.
If this is an area you will need assistance in, you should be sure to include this as a requirement when evaluating potential dropshipping suppliers. Inventory Source are two examples of dropship companies that will help you design your website and set up product catalogs for your customers to order from. Included in GreenDropShip’s services is an inventory checking tool that is updated regularly during the day, alerting you to products that may be temporarily out of stock so that alternative items can be suggested to customers shopping on your site.
To research a specific product, you should do the following:
- Google the main keywords, check out major companies that sell the products.
- Check the amount of traffic they generate.
- View the global searches for the keyboards.
- Review the amount of revenue the products creates per year online.
- Check the profitability of the products.
What is Your Budget?
If you are like the majority of people starting their first online business, you are operating within fairly tight budget constraints. This doesn’t mean you can’t be successful, but it does mean you need to be smart where you spread your limited dollars. You will find that this directly impacts your choice of wholesale dropshipping supplier. Some dropshipping companies are a better fit for larger retailers with bigger budgets that require significant levels of support in areas like IT and customer service.
A dropshipping supplier like Doba, for example, carries both a large number of wholesale product categories and in addition offers a full range of support services including website design, reporting and consulting. For the small online retailer just starting up this would be overkill and usually not cost effective.
Choosing the Right Dropshipping Supplier For You
The role of a dropshipping supplier in a business is to provide high-quality products from a manufacturer at a good price to a distributor or retailer for resale. Selecting suppliers is a critical step that every dropshipping business needs to take. But there are so many factors that need to be taken into consideration when you’re looking for dropshipping suppliers.
When you’re selecting suppliers, many can seem great when you look at their reviews and the products that they offer, but once you dig into the business, they may not suit your audience. This could be because of the raw materials they use, the way they do business, or how they deal with returns.
Be sure to talk to suppliers and get to know how they do business before you commit to working with them. Although you can choose not to use a supplier after issues arise, the damage might have already been done and your brand could have been harmed. Dropshipping suppliers are integral to every dropshipping business.
Finest Dropshipping Companies & Suppliers in the USA
Without suppliers, dropshipping businesses cannot sustain themselves, as they won’t have any products to deliver to their customers. That’s why it’s essential that you choose the right dropshipping supplier for your business. What your business needs is all that counts. If you are truly looking to sell all things to all people, then a full-line wholesale dropship supplier is for you.
- Doba is by far one of the most popular dropshippers out there. The platform boasts of more than two million products sourced from more than one hundred suppliers. The only thing you need to do is sign up and then begin selecting the products of your choice.
- Wholesale2b differentiates itself from other dropshippers by providing integrations for the leading marketplaces. You can import products into Amazon, eBay, Shopify, Woo-Commerce, and BigCommerce.
- Inventory Source
- Inventory Source has been in the industry since 2002 and prides itself in providing innovative tools to help you further your business.
- Dropship Direct
- Dropship Direct is a company which specializes in wholesale business and dropshipping. It has diversified business modes, such as wholesale business, dropshipping business, business to business, and shipping business.
- Beauty Joint
- If you select Beauty Joint as a supplier for your dropshipping business, you can get a range of benefits. The products reach the destination within one to two days. The inventory database and product images at Beauty Joint are updated regularly.
- Essential Pet
- Essential Pet Products is the leader in dropshipping pet supplies with over 20 year’s experience. They are proud to offer superior products and thoroughly review the brands they distribute.
- GreenDropShip is a membership-based wholesale supply and drop-ship company that specializes in natural and organic products.
Best Dropshipping Suppliers for Different Online Requirements
|Broad Product Range||Marketplaces of Dropshipping Suppliers||Support Niche Strategy|
|Dropship Direct||Doba||Essential Pet|