What Are The Best Wholesale Baby Items To Sell Online?
Thinking about selling wholesale baby items online? Smart move! Parents are some of the biggest spenders out there.
Did you know, according to recent data from the 2017 Expenditures on Children by Families report, that a married, two-child, middle-income family will spend approximately $12,350 to $13,900 on their child in the first year alone? If you take into account an average annual inflation rate of 2.2 percent, as well as the fact that one-child households spend on average 27 percent more on a single child, that $12,350 could easily reach $17,000 in a one-child, middle-income household in 2020.
In other words, there’s a lot of money to be made marketing and selling baby products to parents. Especially if you carry the kind of high-quality all natural baby items picky moms are shopping for.
Think about it, new parents are some of the most discerning buyers online. They want only the best for their baby. Moms are looking for reassurance that anything they purchase is safe for their little one.
This is why selling wholesale organic baby products is another smart move. You’re offering your target market the type of product they can feel good about purchasing.
In this article we’ll tell you the easiest way to sell baby products online. In addition, we’ll share the benefits of organic products, clue you in on which all natural wholesale products you should carry in your online store, and finally offer some tips to help you effectively market to parents.
How To Sell Baby Products Online
Listen up, entrepreneurs! Now that you know you want to stock wholesale baby items in your online store – the question becomes, “how do I start selling them?”
The answer in one word…DROPSHIPPING.
If you’re not already on the dropshipping bandwagon, you should be. Dropshipping is the easiest way to resell products from home.
With dropshipping you, the seller, won’t have to deal with the hassle of handling any inventory. The supplier maintains the inventory for you and then ships the order to the final customer. How easy is that?
Basically, you spend your time doing what you do best, attracting the right niche customers to your website, and let the dropshipping supplier handle the rest.
Your supplier will ship goods directly to buyers, and you pocket the difference between the wholesale baby product price and the amount you sold it for. That’s money in the bank with every online sale!
Benefits of Dropshipping
- It’s easy to set up an online store.
- Never worry about inventory, because you don’t have to guess how much product to stock.
- There are literally millions of products you can sell.
- You don’t need to hassle with storing, packing, or shipping items.
- There’s little risk or overhead to you as the seller.
- You can run a dropshipping business from anywhere in the world!
Why Sell Organic Baby Products
Parents are big on safety, especially when it comes to their baby. They will not buy a brand or product they don’t trust.
Babies are also very sensitive. So anything they ingest or that comes into contact with their skin has the potential for causing irritation.
As a result, natural and organic baby products sales have increased steadily over the past decade.
Moms look for organic skincare products, all natural health items, organic baby food, diapers and wipes that they feel good about buying.
Organic Wholesale Baby Items Are Popular With Moms Because:
- They’re free of artificial flavors, colors or ingredients
- Grown without harmful fertilizers or pesticides
- More eco-friendly
- Free of parabens and chemicals that may be harmful to babies
- Richer in nutrients
- Fragrance free and less irritating than non organic baby skin care products
- Often endorsed by pediatricians
What All Natural Wholesale Baby Products Should I Carry?
GreenDropShip carries a wide variety of organic wholesale baby items you can sell in your dropshipping store. Plus, many items (like diapers and wipes) must be bought frequently, which means more repeat orders for you!
Check out some of the popular and highly rated products we offer. We’re confident you’ll want to include these organic baby offerings in your online store.
1.Wholesale Baby Skincare:
Organic baby skincare products are popular with moms and gentle enough to use on sensitive baby skin. Here are some top sellers to consider adding to your store.
Babo Botanicals: Sensitive Baby Fragrance Free Shampoo & Wash
This 2-in-1 organic baby shampoo and body wash is hypoallergenic and rated #1 in safety by the Environmental Working Group (EWG).
- Contains no harsh chemicals or irritants
- Is soy, gluten, dairy, and fragrance free
- Over 450 Amazon reviews with an average rating of 4.7 Stars
- The Babo brand and its related keyword variations have an average of 12K monthly searches on Google*
*By “related keywords” we mean any search terms that include the brand name and “baby”, such as “Babo Botanicals baby shampoo”, etc. Data source SEMRush.
LIVE CLEAN: Bubble Bath Baby Bedtime
This baby bedtime bath and wash is infused with Lavender, Jasmine, Vanilla and Chamomile extracts & Coconut and Safflower Oils which are known for their calming and relaxing properties to help baby drift off to sleep.
- Free of parabens, sulfates and harmful chemicals
- Vegan and 97% plant-based
- Cruelty-free and not tested on animals
- Average rating of 4.4 Stars on Amazon
2.Wholesale Baby Diapers And Wipes:
Diapers and wipes are must-have baby items that parents buy frequently. Choosing organic gives moms peace of mind that the products will be safe. Here are some top sellers in the wholesale baby wipes, diapers, and diapering category.
BAMBO NATURE: Eco-Friendly Baby Diapers
Parents buy a lot of diapers! And these eco-friendly, yet super absorbent diapers form BAMBO NATURE mean moms don’t have to compromise conscience for performance.
- Free from allergens, perfumes and harmful chemicals
- Wetness indicator so parents know when a change is needed
- Sustainably sourced and certified skin-safe
- BAMBO diapers and related keywords average 5k monthly searches on Google
- Over 1,360 Amazon Reviews with an average rating of 4.4 Stars
NATRACARE: Organic Baby Wipes
These soft and gentle organic baby wipes are perfect for daily use on a baby’s delicate skin. Plus these wipes are biodegradable, so they’re safer for the environment.
- Ph balanced and alcohol free
- Biodegradable and compostable
- Non-GMO, free from parabens and sodium lauryl sulfate
- EWG VERIFIED
- NATRACARE and related keywords average 8K monthly searches on Google
- Average rating of 4.7 Stars on Amazon
Weleda Calendula Diaper Rash Cream
Weleda is Europe’s #1 leading natural organic baby diaper rash cream. It uses anti-inflammatory Calendula extract and beeswax to soothe dryness and add a layer of protection for a baby’s delicate bottom.
- Certified by NATRUE
- Free from synthetic preservatives, fragrances, colorants, and mineral oils
- Safe for sensitive skin
- Over 3,000 Amazon Reviews with an average rating of 4.7 Stars
3.Wholesale Baby Food:
Parents look for organic baby food brands to reduce their baby’s exposure to pesticides, antibiotics, and synthetic hormones. Here’s some popular wholesale baby food items to add to your online store.
Happy Baby: Puff Sweet Potato Carrot Organic
These snacks are from mom-founded and parent-operated brand Happy Baby. Kids love these fun treats, and moms feel good about giving them.
- No artificial hormones, toxic pesticides, or GMOs
- Fortified with Choline for eye and brain health
- Small size and texture help teach babies self-feeding
- Average rating of 4.6 Stars on Amazon
BABY’S ONLY: Organic Toddler Formula Dairy Iron Fortified
The original and best selling organic baby formula brand since 1999.
- Certified USDA Organic; No hormones, antibiotics, harmful pesticides or fertilizer
- Uses Organic Certified DHA & ARA derived which supports brain and eye development
- Rated “Best in Class” by CleanLabelProject for superior nutrition and purity
- Over 2,080 Amazon Reviews with an average rating of 4.6 Stars
- Organic baby formula keywords have 25K monthly searches on Google!
4.Wholesale Baby Health Products:
More and more moms turn to all-natural health remedies for their babies. Here’s a popular choice that’s great for resale.
Hyland’s Baby Nighttime Oral Pain Relief Tablets
This gentle homeopathic formula is made with all natural active ingredients, which makes parents happy. Plus it helps teething babies sleep, which makes parents really happy.
- Contains no Belladonna, Benzocaine, artificial flavors, dyes or parabens
- Follows the manufacturing and quality practices outlined in the U.S. Homeopathic Pharmacopoeia
- Rated 5 Stars on Amazon
- Hyland’s Baby Oral has 1,000 monthly searches on Google
Tips For Marketing Baby Items To Parents
The global baby care products market is projected to be worth approximately 109.13 billion U.S. dollars worldwide in 2026. This is a substantial increase from 73.86 billion U.S. dollars, the estimated value of the market in 2018.
What does this mean for entrepreneurs like you looking to get a piece of the action? It means the power and competitiveness of online shopping will continue to grow.
This will create many opportunities for marketers to capitalize on the needs of parent consumers to boost the sale of wholesale baby items.
Here are our top 4 tips for marketing baby products to parents online.
1. Make It Easy To Buy
Between juggling work, kids’ activities and household chores, busy parents don’t have a lot of time to shop at brick and mortar stores. Make it so they don’t have to.
Offer popular baby products in your online store and have them shipped directly to their house. For new parents buying online isn’t a luxury, it’s often a necessity. Let them know you’re there to help.
In your marketing copy, remind parents how convenient and time saving it is to order products online.
You can make online shopping even more enticing by telling them things they can do with the time they save. Things like spending more time their new baby, taking a shower, or getting some much needed rest.
2. Choose Baby Items That Solve A Problem
What problem does your product solve for the average parent? The answer to this question can quickly define the message you need to promote on your site.
Parenting is stressful. Demonstrating how your product can solve a stressor and make the parenting experience more enjoyable is how you entice parents to buy.
For example, if you’re selling Hyland’s Nighttime Oral Pain Tablets you might say, “Teething baby keeping you up at night? Try these homeopathic nighttime pain relief tablets and both you and your baby can finally get a good night’s sleep.”
3. Offer Safe, Quality Baby Products
Safety is the number one concern of parents. To market your product, a feeling of trust and security must be felt by your target customer.
Explain how the product was tested, whether it’s certified organic or non-GMO, if it’s free from toxins and harmful chemicals, etc. This helps build trust, and parents need to trust a product before they will buy it for their baby.
4. Increase Credibility
The power of word of mouth is just as strong online as it is in a local mom group. Sharing rave reviews from other parents can be great for developing instant credibility.
In other words, be sure to feature customer reviews on your product pages!
Start Selling Baby Items Today!
Now that you know what types of organic wholesale baby items to carry, the next step is choosing the right dropshipping supplier. You want to be sure your supplier is reputable, and will deliver exactly what you advertised to your customer.
GreenDropShip is the smart choice if you’re looking for natural and organic products. We carry over 20,000 items in a variety of niches, including organic baby skincare, organic baby food, natural baby health products, organic baby diapers and wipes. Let us take care of the logistics, while you focus on driving traffic to your e-commerce store
Join GreenDropShip today and start making sales!